The very successful JCC Manhattan has been encouraged to open a facility in Harlem in collaboration with UJA-Federation of NY. The current funding commitment is for two more years and the JCC needs to determine if there is a sustainable model for continued operation beyond the pilot.
Nonprofit: JCC Manhattan
Project: The CP team will work with JCC management to consider program content, ongoing costs and potential revenues aimed at producing a business plan that will demonstrate that the Harlem facility will be sustainable beyond the funded pilot program.
It is of particular importance to the JCC that this project explores a business model that is financially sustainable while also considering the complex needs of the Harlem neighborhood. The work will include:
- An analysis of programming ideas and likely audience
- A pro forma expense budget
- Possible sources of revenue
- A multi year business plan and projected P&L
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for October 18, 2017 at 5:30pm
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 month
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Richard C. Kane MBA ’68 firstname.lastname@example.org