Nonprofit: Grand Street Settlement – GrandLo Café
Grand Street Settlement been chosen as the community partner for the Essex Crossing project and seeks help making the community café & jobs skills concept succeed. https://grandlocafe.com/
Grand St. Settlement currently serves over 10,000 New Yorkers in programs that promote lifelong health and learning and that help students and families move towards economic mobility.
Project: Employment Skill Development Program
The objective of the project is to develop a marketing plan for a coffee café opening on New York’s lower east side. The café is designed to be a self-sustaining business that provides a venue for training unemployed, out-of-school members of the community in the skills they will need to be productively and sustainably employed. Potential marketing issues include:
• Social media strategy
• Loyalty program design
• Café value proposition and competitive differentiation
• Customer attraction and retention
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by November 22nd at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8JJK33Q.
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for mid- November.
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator: Jessica Ziegler, MBA 1984 email@example.com.