If kids can’t read and understand successfully by fourth grade, the future for many is bleak. ReadWorks needs your help to address this problem with its unique Article A Day program.
In just two and a half years, ReadWorks’ heralded, cognitive science-based program, Article A Day, has attracted a substantial audience: 41,000 active teachers and a million pupils a month. You can help ReadWorks achieve its ambitious goals─a doubling of this audience in the next school year─by crafting a new marketing and communications strategy to take this ambitious program to a new level.
Project: Strategic Marketing Plan
The Article A Day data base consists of 3,000 carefully curated nonfiction articles organized by grade level and reading level for elementary-middle school pupils. Email and social media are the main marketing tools.
- Assess the value proposition and potential market for Article A Day vis-a-vis ReadWorks’ overall strategy
- Examine possible enhancements to the AAD approach and content; look at competitors’ programs
- Recommend cost-effective strategies to reach the widest audience consistent with product/market potential
- Ideal project for alums with an interest in tackling core educational challenges, especially for low income kids
- Kick-off meeting to be scheduled for mid February.
- Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months.
- Questions? Contact the Project Coordinator Efrem Sigel, MBA 1968, email@example.com