Feeding Westchester would like assistance to assess new food distribution strategies to accelerate its mission to eradicate hunger in Westchester County.
Nonprofit: Feeding Westchester
Feeding Westchester leads hunger action programs with a vision for a hunger-free Westchester. It provides 95% of all the food given to hungry families, children and seniors as cooked meals or groceries to take home. Almost 53% of the hungry people served by Feeding Westchester live on income at/or below the poverty level; 33% are children age 18 or younger.
Project: Food distribution strategy “2.0”
Strategic consulting project to assess how Feeding Westchester can best increase the volume of food it distributes to heretofore unmatched levels. Areas of focus will include:
- Frame benefits, pain points, challenges / limitations of current distribution approaches
- Glean distribution strategy “best practices” and insights from peer organizations
- Assess impact of strategic alternatives on Feeding Westchester‘s food distribution agency partners
- Lay out “next generation” food distribution strategy, trade-offs, anticipated execution challenges
- Model how new strategies will better support Feeding Westchester’s future growth and long-term strategic objectives
• Interested HBS alumni should sign up at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KJLDPK3
• Kick-off meeting (likely in New York City) penciled in for afternoon of April 10th.
• Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months
• Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Bill Meurer, MBA ‘90 email@example.com