Food Bank for Westchester would like assistance to assess new food distribution strategies to accelerate its mission to eradicate hunger in Westchester County.
Nonprofit: Food Bank for Westchester
Food Bank for Westchester (FB4W) leads hunger action programs with a vision for a hunger-free Westchester. It provides 95% of all the food given to hungry families, children and seniors as cooked meals or groceries to take home. Almost 53% of the hungry people served by Feeding Westchester live on income at/or below the poverty level; 33% are children age 18 or younger.
Project: Food distribution strategy “2.0”
Strategic consulting project to assess how Food Bank for Westchester can best increase the volume of food it distributes to heretofore unmatched levels. Areas of focus will include:
- Frame benefits, pain points, challenges / limitations of current distribution approaches
- Glean distribution strategy “best practices” and insights from peer organizations
- Assess impact of strategic alternatives on FB4W’s food distribution agency partners
- Lay out “next generation” food distribution strategy, trade-offs, anticipated execution challenges
- Model how new strategies will better support FB4W’s future growth and long-term strategic objectives
• Interested HBS alumni should sign up by March 21st at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KJLDPK3
• Kick-off meeting (likely in New York City) penciled in for afternoon of April 10th
• Time commitment approximately 10-15 hours per month for 3-4 months
• Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Bill Meurer, MBA ‘90 firstname.lastname@example.org