Learning Ally is a national nonprofit dedicated to helping students with print disabilities, including blindness, visual impairment and dyslexia. Learning Ally improves the way students learn at home and in the classroom. Up to 1 in 5 students has a learning difference. That means 10 million students in grades K-12 alone are struggling to read the printed word.
Learning Ally’s goal is to expand programs for struggling learners from 14,000 schools to 50,000 schools. Learning Ally has a large and loyal volunteer base of over 1,000 active volunteers that has historically been mobilized to narrate and produce accessible audiobooks. This volunteer core can be leveraged to promote Learning Ally’s programs and success to grow potential new partner schools.
Sign up by March 29th | Project Inquires | Learning Ally
Nonprofit: Learning Ally
By working together with parents, educators, and specialists, Learning Ally delivers innovative solutions directly into the classrooms by leveraging over 80,000 audiobooks, mobile technology and other aids to enrich and improve academic performance, self-confidence and independence. Learning Ally’s programs originated over 70 years ago. Today, Learning Ally’s programs reach nearly 300,000 students.
Project: Learning Ally is seeking recommendations for increasing and leveraging their volunteers to promote and expand their programs to more schools and educators. Learning Ally has recently moved from a geographic oriented volunteer program to one that is 100% virtual.
How do they create a national league of activated, virtual volunteers to help super-charge Learning Ally school growth?
- What are the best ways to engage volunteers in a national virtual model?
- What are effective ways to leverage marketing, social media and technology to attract, inform, engage and activate volunteers?
- What incentives can be employed to motivate volunteers?
- How should the volunteer initiative be structured and managed?
- Interested HBS alumni should sign up by March 29th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WJ9FSNC.
- The brainstorming session will be held Wednesday, April 11th at Learning Ally’s New York office at 545 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1005
- The brainstorming session will last approximately two hours, 6:00 – 8:00PM.
- Questions? Contact Project Coordinator Jeff Smith, PMD ‘95 at email@example.com.